Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012






















Happy Easter and happy birthday to my Dad! It was quite the day today for Atticus and I. Atticus spent last night at my parent's house so I could go out with a few of my girl friends. This morning, however, was pretty fun. I put together Atticus's Easter bucket, slapped some blue bunny ears on my head and showed up at my parents door. Atticus screamed with joy, stole my ears, and started hopping around the house.
Atticus unloaded his bucket from me and was highly excited about it's contents. He received two Angry Birds t-shirts, a hot chocolate t-shirt, an Angry Birds flashlight, A Scooby Doo DVD with episodes where Scooby meets Batman, a Thomas the Train puzzle, some hopping bunnies, and a few other various things. I was totally the cool mom this year. I even got an "I love this" from Atticus about his bucket. :) SCORE! After he dove through my bucket, he showed me the one that Grandma and Grandpa gave him. Man, did that child score on the candy department! It'll last me all year! :P
A little later in the morning Grandma hid a bunch of eggs and Atticus had a little egg hunt in their house. (He had to miss the egg hunt at school and the big Kincade Park one due to evaluations.) After the egg hunt he went into melt down mode and we came home.
Once we were home, Atticus had another mini egg hunt in our house. He was pretty excited that he got two egg hunts in one. Atticus also had some visitation time with his father, Chris. Atticus was excited to unload his entire Easter bucket in front of the video to show it off. He also met Chris's mother, Leigh, over the video chat. That lasted for about 20-30 minutes, then Atticus was spent. I think, with the amount of sugar already in his system, that it went fairly well. :)
The rest of the day wasn't so well, lots of melt downs, but that's ok. :) He had some pretty funny moments. For starters, he decided he was going to sit on the rim of the bucket... and ended up getting his butt stuck in the bucket. Then he decided that he was going to put it on his head, scream, and run around. Yeah.. that worked well. He ran into the couch, bounced off it, and landed flat on his back. Quite comical, I was laughing so hard I was crying. LOL!
He's in bed now and I always think he looks like such an angle when he sleeps. Tomorrow's a new day, so we'll have to wait and see if he remembers the eggs that he dyed with Grandma in the fridge. He was saying that he wanted to take them to school to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment