Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pictures and Blueberries
















This week was slow up until Saturday. Saturday I went to Grandma and Grandpa's house like normal but Grandma took me to Momma's work at around 4:30 and she let me pick out a piggy bank to paint! I choose a dog that kind of looks like Tucker. Grandma said that I was going to paint this piggy bank so I can put the change that I earn from doing little chores around the house in. I can't wait until Momma fires it and I get to see what it looks like!
Today (Sunday) Grandma and Momma took me to get my two year old pictures done at JC Penny. I was pretty crabby up until the point of the pictures but during the pictures I was fine. I had fun climbing all over the couch prop that the photographer put out. Momma said that she can't wait to pick up the pictures on the 29th! After the photo session we went up to the food court and Grandma bought me a chocolate frozen yogurt. It was yummy!
When we dropped Grandma off at her house, Momma and I ran home real quick and packed for the blueberry picking trip that Jamie (one of Momma's friends/coworkers) invited us to go on. We packed a backpack and then went to Kirby's house. We loaded everything into his suburban and headed out to a place called Arctic Vally. We met Jamie there and we all went up the mountain in Kirby's suburban together. When we stopped and paid our parking, we started to get ready for the hike to where we were going to be picking blueberries. Momma was carrying the backpack while Kirby was carrying me in my hiking backpack. We started off and it was so much fun! Momma had a hard time up some parts of the mountain. She said that she hadn't used a lot of the muscles that she was using during the hike since before she had me. When she did fall a little bit behind Kirby and I were cheering her on.
When we got to where the blueberries were, Kirby took the backpack off so I could stand and touch the grass. Momma and Jamie were busy picking berries so Kirby and I hung out and took some pictures of the scene. Jamie picked lots of blue berries and Momma picked lots of crowberries (she prefers them more, they taste like a combination of an apple and grapes. I wouldn't know, I don't like fruits or veggies....) She said that she was going to make gluten free crowberry muffins from all the berries she picked today.
When Momma filled her container up she let me come out of my backpack as long as I held her or Kirby's hand. The second I got out I started to hike the mountain just like everyone else was. I went a pretty far way and it made Momma and Kirby really proud that I was hiking so well. I had a blast!!! :)
On the way home I was tired but I didn't sleep. I was too excited from everything that I saw today that my brain wouldn't slow down enough to sleep. Momma said that she's going to go tomorrow while I'm at school to pick some more berries to make more muffins. I can't wait to try those muffins! They'll taste so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment